The office manager will work closely with Cambrian executives to help coordinate a wide range of functions, from organization of weekly meetings to bookkeeping and content management. As a startup entering a phase of rapid expansion, the office manager should be a self-starter who has the flexibility and experience to handle a variety of tasks and quickly learn or integrate new tools into the team’s workflow. The job will begin as a part time position, but hours could expand.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Communicate daily and proactively with them on agreed-upon turn-cycles and meet deadlines reliably
- Participate in bi-weekly team meetings, discuss, take notes and report out on action items
- Schedule meetings with team members, clients, prospects, partners, media, etc.
- Manage communication with Cambrian’s Board of Sr. Advisers
- Conduct travel itinerary research and make bookings for core senior team of 3-4 leaders
- Manage eventually Cambrian Futures bank account, contractor payments, revenue booking and maintain close oversight and authorization contact with senior team
- Invoice and track receivables and payables in internal spreadsheets and online account systems
- Assist in the preparation or tax returns with our tax counsel in LA
- Maintain and expand databases for expert network, media and conference contacts
- Setup and maintain filing system on either Google Drive or MSFT One Drive, including administration of access rights
- File documents and communicate with team about file locations, search and identify most recent versions upon request
- Work with the CEO and senior leaders of 2-3 additional executives to develop a document integrity, confidentiality and cyber security protocol for all of Cambrian
- Maintain Slack channels and add / drop members
- Onboard new team members with NDAs, Cambrian email address, Slack and filing system access rights
- Maintain and add website content, including videos, text updates, team bios, client logos, etc., on a weekly basis in close coordination with Editor-in-Chief / VP Communications
- Post weekly Cambrian team thought leadership, speaking and other PR updates on social media basis in close coordination with CEO and Editor-in-Chief / VP Communications
- Update content and format of our Cambrian sales presentations (company overview and team track record and bios) periodically
- Conduct media outreach for new intellectual property and point-of-view materials (in collaboration with our editor in chief / VP comms
- Put together and manage book promotion schedules for the CEO, Editor-in-Chief / VP Comms and select other leaders
- Scan for and communicate conference speaking opportunities for different team members globally (in collaboration with editor in chief / VP comms)
A bachelor's degree in business administration, management, or a related field is often preferred but not always required. Some positions may accept candidates with an associate's degree or relevant work experience.